Monday, January 31, 2011

Folsom Prison Blues

To this day I recall the albums we owned when I was a kid growing up in Tucson. We had Hank Williams, Johnny Horton, Porter Waggoner and an album of Polkas. I still remember every word to "Too Fat Polka". I grew up listening to, and loving, country music. It wasn't until I was an adult that I really even had listened to any rock music. Today I would say that what I love is classic country, classic rock and some of the newer country as well.

About ten years ago I started hosting the Wednesday Night Music Club. Some fellow musicians and I get together every Wednesday night to play music for a couple of hours. We even get out and gig from time to time.

Some videos from shows we have done

Pictures from the jam over the years

As you might expect a bunch of us are Microsoft geeks and this past Wednesday night our keyboard player is recording video on his new Windows Phone. I didn't even know he was recording. The room is very dark and a phone is not really what you think of as a video camera. The next day he has published a clip from the jam. The clip starts about half way through the song but as you can see we are usually having a good time...

Daniel - Folsom Prison Blues

I guess the apple never really falls far from the tree....

No comments:

Post a Comment